DEMYLEE New York is looking for an associate designer or designer (title/salary dependent on previous experience) to join the design team based in New York City. They are responsible for being a part of the design process for the full run of a season. They must be very organized and have an acute understanding of the DEMYLEE aesthetic, with a positive 'no task too small' attitude.
This individual will work directly with the creative director and overall design team to work through the entire seasonal range: research conception, designing, fittings, samples and production.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Creating and updating design boards, lists, and technical sketches on Illustrator
- Keeping detailed records and tracking fit comments, adjusting sketches as needed, recording all sample stages, and working with the CD and technical designer
- Keep up to date notes for CD and technical designer, and liaison with production factories
- Create and keep up-to-date any artwork for print work, jacquard, and digital art assets on Illustrator and/or Photoshop
- Create and keep up-to-date all sample lists and line lists (must be proficient in Excel and InDesign)
- Work with CD to create ongoing and seasonal color palettes
- Work with CD on all seasonal special projects, collaborations, and exclusive lines
- Attend yarn shows and do brand appropriate market research with CD
- Day-to-day running of design office - keeping track of packages, samples, organizing necessary paperwork and swatches, preparing samples, etc.
Must provide a digital portfolio that includes past technical sketches and previous work, CV, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Able to travel international + domestic
Salary and title dependent on previous experience. Full time.
High proficiency required on Illustrator. At a minimum, proficiency required in Photoshop, Excel, and InDesign — high proficiency is a plus.
Digital technical sketch experience required
Strong written, verbal, and visual presentation and communication skills
Positive attitude and works well in a fast paced environment with a small team, and able to juggle and prioritize multiple seasons and tasks
Have a collaborative and dedicated attitude to work together with team, yet the ability to own their tasks and work independently
Excellent multi-tasking abilities
Minimum of 2-3 years experience working for a high contemporary or luxury brand -- knitwear specific experience is not mandatory, but preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design, Knitwear Design, or Textile Design preferred
Overseas production experience is a plus
Past management experience is a plus - such as managing interns and assistant designers